Team Expenses Policy
The costs of operating the club are separated into 3 categories:
1. Costs covered by annual club fee’s invoiced at the beginning of the year, which include:
2. Fund raising covers:
3. Costs covered by individual team athletes invoiced throughout the season as required. These include:
The policy below is designed to cover items not covered by item 1 above. Within the financial capability
of the club and constrained by our obligations under the societies act and as a not for profit organization it
is our club objective to reimburse coaches for costs as listed below. However, as a volunteer organization
we encourage all or our coaches and managers to donate their expenses wherever financially possible.
1. Each team manager will be responsible for budgeting the estimated team season costs, for approval by the President and presentation at the initial team parents meeting. Directors will also be copied on the expenses budget for their information.
2. Drivers transporting multiple players to tourneys will be reimbursed subsequently once all receipts (gas,toll,ferry..) have been submitted to the team manager.
3. Out of province tournament costs will be collected before travel based on manager’s
estimate. The manager will provide a reconciliation at the end and reimburse excess costs if required.
4. For all away tournaments requiring an over night stay:
5. Coaches expenses incurred while travelling away from home overnight on behalf of
the club, include:
6. Missed work costs up to a reasonable limit as approved by the board and administered by the manager. Coaches must submit their estimated missed work costs to the manager during the initial cost budgeting at the beginning of the season.
7. Mileage while travelling to and from practices and tournaments not involving an overnight stay and in province. This will be reimbursed on a $/kilometer basis and set on an annual basis toward the end of the season dependent on the club’s ability to pay, current rate is 25 cents per kilometer. We encourage all coaches and
managers to car pool in an effort to mitigate this cost.